Sammy’s expands the menu at its location at Chula Vista’s Seven Mile Casino with new South of the Border tacos to add to the full restaurant and bar at the recently redesigned bayfront casino.
Twelve new tacos include:
- BARBACOA (pineapple, green salsa, red onions, cilantro), $9
- GRILLED FISH (sea bass, chipotle crema, avocado crema, avocado, white onions, cilantro), $10
- PORK ADOBADA (adobo sauce, pineapple pico de gallo, red onions, cilantro), $9
- BEEF SHORT RIB (green avocado sauce, pickled red onions, cotija, cilantro), $9
- CHICKEN (chipotle crema, red onions, tomatoes, red salsa, cilantro), $9
- PORK CARNITAS (green salsa, serrano peppers, pickled red onions, cilantro), $8.50
- GRILLED SHRIMP (mashed avocado, avocado crema, pineapple pico de gallo, cotija, cilantro), $11
- CARNE ASADA (mashed avocado, green avocado sauce, white onions, cilantro), $9.50
- POTATO (mozzarella, chipotle crema, red onions, cilantro), $8
- VEGGIE (zucchini, carrots, red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, chimichuri, Napa cabbage, red salsa, cilantro), $9
- LAMB (mashed avocado, white onions, green salsa, cotija, mint, cilantro), $11
- STEAK (chimichurri, chipotle crema, pickled red onions, cilantro), $10
Three tacos are recommended per order, on either flour or corn tortilla.
“We’re constantly look at new ways to shake things up. We’ve been at Seven Mile for the last year and a half and our menu has been popular there, but we wanted to create something new too,” said Sami Ladeki, owner and founder. “Chef Alfie has always wanted to create an expansive taco menu – and here we are. So many options!”
Sammy’s Restaurant & Bar at Seven Mile Casino (285 Bay Blvd in Chula Vista, 91910) also has many of the same favorites that Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza has built its name on – including its signature Chopped Chicken Salad and pizzas – while also introducing some new items that have already gained a lot of popularity.
Special to the Chula Vista location are its Asian-inspired dishes, such as the Roast Duck Wonton Noodle Soup with duck broth, egg noodle, roast duck, wontons and baby bok choy ($16.75), as well as Beef Pho, a beef broth with rice noodles, rough flank, beef meatballs, tripe, rare steak, cilantro, green and white onion ($15.75), and Salt & Pepper Shrimp, a wok-fried shrimp, rice, bell peppers, garlic and five spice salt ($18.50). Additional Asian dishes include Grilled Short Rib, Kung Pao Chicken and Grilled Pork Chop.
Sammy’s Restaurant & Bar is open 24-hours and boasts a breakfast menu with many favorites from its sister restaurant, Toasted Gastrobrunch & Dinner in Oceanside. Breakfast dishes include a Veggie Hash with two up eggs, brussels, bell pepper, potato, mushroom, black beans, jalapeno, frisee, and goat cheese ($16.50), as well as Stuffed French Toast of brioche, fresh berries, mascarpone, vanilla, fresh cream, and passion-fruit caramel ($16), and Chilaquiles with salsa verde, corn tortilla, cilantro, two up eggs, chipotle cream, beef barbacoa, and cotija ($16.50).
Sammy’s Restaurant & Bar also has a full bar with beer and wine, as well as handcrafted cocktails ($12) like the Red Rock Sunset with Rum, Triple Sec, Peach Schnapps & Pineapple juice. Breakfast Cocktails are also available, from a Bloody Mary to Mimosas.
Sammy’s at Seven Mile also offers a weekend brunch menu, both Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The menu has a variety of Toasts, Eggs, Bennys, French Toasts, Pancakes, as well as items South of the Border, Greens and “Lunchies.” The House Specialty is the Coconut Pistachio Kanafee with shredded phyllo, ricotta and mozzarella cheese, coconut, orange blossom, syrup, toasted brioche and topped with pistachios ($16). The brunch bar menu includes several Mimosas, Bellinis, Bloodys, Flaming Coffees, Signature Cocktails, as well as a full Coffee Bar, beer, wine, and Bubbles.
To visit or for more information on Sammy’s, visit www.sammyspizza.com.